Friday, August 25, 2006

Late August Update

Another one in less than a month? Could it be true? Yep.

Magistrate to the Seneschal
This is the primary reason for me posting another. While working on all that secret stuff for Jac I was asked how much time I spend on the Forums. My answer:

"Well I went there 29 times today since 7:30 AM. It was a slow day at work."

Long story short they needed someone to admin some of the back-end of the forums, and this paired with my other project... why not? I actually had no idea I was made M:SCL until someone said "congrats" on IRC, to which I replied "for what?"

The Forums
The next day I got an e-mail saying I was all set up. My first task was to clear out all the rogue admins. There were something like 12, and Jac wanted there to be 5. After logging into the forum manager site, I figured out how some functions worked and - a click or two later - There were 5 Admins.

My next task was to clean up the Moderators. There were something like 78 - and most of them were former Summits. I went to DJB.Com and nabbed a list of all current Summit members and matched forum ID's to DJB dossier numbers. I then made all the non-Summit people go back to the Member level.

I threw some tasks on my list, such as a Renaming Event (members can ask to have their forum name changed) and changing the Summits people from Moderators to the Clan Summits level... harder than it sounds because I had to do it individually. I then re-titled the DC people, removing the 'Herald' from myself. It was a sad moment, but then I re-titled myself as Dark Prophet.

The Other Project
I'm hoping we can really hammer out more standardizations and get it to a point where the gen-mem can access it. I'm getting burnt out making up most of the content. Still - I knew what I was signing up for! No excuses.

And Another Thing...
I've decided to allow comments. I can always edit/delete ones I don't like.

No comments: