Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Forums

Almost as an afterthought, but in relation to the last post, I've decided to lay off quite a bit on the Forums. I am probably one of the most active moderators - viciously destroying spam, merging posts and closing threads. They've been quiet lately... a little too quiet. Trust me - no one likes the stupid threads where every post is a few letters, but even those are somewhat welcome compared to this current deserted wasteland of a message board.

Perhaps I was a little harsh on the spammers - then again, they've learned a lesson, right? Posting on the forums does not have to be the work of great writers. Each post doesn't need to be super long or the best writing ever, but they need to be more than some pointless statement. If you agree or disagree with something in a thread, DISCUSS IT. Don't just say "yeah me too" - elaborate. It won't kill you to take the extra minute to explain why.

No comments: